Thursday, July 12, 2007

Ok I Take That Back About Roseburg

Hello there.

Today I'm at The Book Barn in Bend. This place has grown quite a bit since last time I was here. And the "Beautiful'' people are here, too. It's the first place I got to see my book in the window of a Barnes and Noble as well as an independent book story. A small victory.

Ok I was whining about Roseburg the other day.

But just before I signed the remaining books and headed for I-5 a mom and her three kids stopped at the table. The mom pointed to her 14-year-old daughter and said she was trying to be a writer.

That was nice. Don't meet many 14-year-old writers. She told me the problems she was having with her writing. And I got to give her a pep talk and some tricks of the trade. And that it's always going to be hard but if she can get to the end of a play or book or whatever that she'd feel much better about it. Mom was happy.

I was happy.

And Roseburg no longer seemed to be a mistake on the book tour.

Michael LaLumiere
www.whyiscraterlakesoblue.com

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Michael, savor moments like that. IMO, they're what writing a book is all about!