Monday, April 30, 2007

The Novel Project Is Interesting But Doing A Children's Picture Book Is Fun


I must admit it felt rewarding to have a book distributor take on my new novel that's going to be released in July. But it's a lot more fun to see Ginger's illustrations bring to life our next children's picture book (co-author Kim Messinger).

Stagger Lee Books has published two children's books. But we did that more to test the market as anything else. With this new book I think we'll have a body of picture book work that we can start promoting. The new book is called "A Song For A Giraffe'' and I think it's our best story.

I'll post more illustrations as we go along. I'm hoping to release the book in October - which is way too late for the selling season but it's probably the best we can do.

Michael LaLumiere
www.staggerleebooks.com

No comments: